Problem with RGB interface

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Problem with RGB interface

Post by uze6666 »

@Uze
Are there any analogues to ad725? 10 bucks is quite a big price IMO, compared to overall price of the console (something between $20 and $30 in my case). And it's a challenge to find it for that price in my city. Most offers are from $15 to $20, which almost doubles the cost of finished device.
Not that I'm aware of, or I would have used it! I agree the price is steep for a single chip, but rgb-to-ntsc convertion is not trivial. Trying to make the equivalent with discrete parts would certainly cost much more and look much worst. Color on the Uzebox could have been done using a 4:4 chroma+luma approach and that would have avoided the use of the ad725 but used more external part and chips. Back then, it seemed the simplest solution. And without it, we would not have the Euzebox and Uzbeox JAMMA.

Btw, what's the brand/model of your TV? I will add it to a list of TVs that are known to work and to have issues with the NTSC timing we use.

-Uze
Harty123

Re: Problem with RGB interface

Post by Harty123 »

Hi,

very good news:

I tried to solve the colour problems on my Samsung TV. The assumption from Doragasu was right - the level of the HSYNC signal is to big with 5Vss for some TV sets. It is specified with 1Vss for the SCART input.

So i tried to add a resistor with 100 Ohm between Port B.0 (HSYNC output) and pin 19 of the SCART connector - this was the solution for my Samsung TV. The picture is now ok without green bars but a little bit dark (thats no a problem, because it was possible to adjust the brightness in the TV set). :D

Perhaps this will also solve the colour problems with other TV sets.

-Harty