It's about time

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
paul

It's about time

Post by paul »

I finally got around to making my Uzebox. Thanks to the great shopping list and schematics, everything worked out first go. Here's the hardware and some pics of it running on a big screen:

9V PP3 battery bottom-center for scale.

I have to say, B.C. Dash is way too difficult on the actual console :lol: I'd be surprised if I can get close to my 1:37 emulator time.
D3thAdd3r

Re: It's about time

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Colors look good, nice work Paul. It is fun to play on a machine you put together yourself(not to mention the games you programmed yourself). Now that you have this accomplished, I'm assuming you're hard at work on the hardware for Uzenet now? :P
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

:mrgreen: Cool, you can finally play your creations the way it was meant! Happy that it worked the first time. What schematic version did you use btw? I just release E1 with Clay's dac and fixed resitors for the audio out.

-Uze
nebososo

Post by nebososo »

I'm surprised you didn't have one yet. It looks pretty good, good job.
Are you not using S-Video? Your image quality looks perfect, but it looks like crap here if I don't, specially on my old TV using my cheap NTSC-PAL-M transcoder(sometimes it's better to play it black and white than to look at a blurred game).
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

From the board I'd say he's using the composiet out. But I'm also very impressed by the image quality, awesome colors and no visible artifacts. S-Video would make the image a bit sharper though.

-Uze
paul

Post by paul »

What schematic version did you use btw? I just release E1 with Clay's dac and fixed resitors for the audio out.
I used D1. I'm pretty happy with the results, so I'm not too concerned about missing E1.
Are you not using S-Video? Your image quality looks perfect, but it looks like crap here if I don't, specially on my old TV using my cheap NTSC-PAL-M transcoder(sometimes it's better to play it black and white than to look at a blurred game).
Using composite.
But I'm also very impressed by the image quality, awesome colors and no visible artifacts. S-Video would make the image a bit sharper though.
The image actually is a deal sharper than it looks here. I'm not much of a photographer and it got blurred a fair bit (like finer details being drowned out by the glare of the TV). I'm not really one who cares a whole lot for image quality, but I really can't complain at all with the results.
Now that you have this accomplished, I'm assuming you're hard at work on the hardware for Uzenet now?
I'm definitely interested in playing around with Uzenet in the near future.
1UP

Post by 1UP »

Very nice Paul :), what was the actual build time in Hours / Minutes just out of curiosity as I am looking to build one myself in a few weeks ?.

1UP
hancongduan

Post by hancongduan »

Hello,I am a collage student,now I need to finish my first Uzebox,I want to refer to your work.Can you send me your shopping list and schematics? If you can send me that,I am thank you very much,my E-mail address is 386630671@qq.com. Thank you!
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »