Fuzebox 2 Speculation

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
ladyada

Re: Fuzebox 2 Speculation

Post by ladyada »

TonyD wrote:
ladyada wrote: ... i like these old-skool gamepads :)
That must make me old-oldskool coz I prefer the Atari joystick style :D
not enough buttons :(
also hard to get the joysticks in bulk (compared to these SNES pads)
TonyD

Post by TonyD »

ladyada wrote: thing is i got the SNES pads so cheap (like $2.50) that its not worth it for me to go to china to get custom pads
also. i like these old-skool gamepads :)
:!: Why don't you put the board in the gamepad like Havok1919 showed here then you have no SNES connector problem !

Which reminds me, didn't Havok1919 look into getting some custom SNES connector moulds made?
ladyada

Post by ladyada »

TonyD wrote:
ladyada wrote: thing is i got the SNES pads so cheap (like $2.50) that its not worth it for me to go to china to get custom pads
also. i like these old-skool gamepads :)
:!: Why don't you put the board in the gamepad like Havok1919 showed here then you have no SNES connector problem !

Which reminds me, didn't Havok1919 look into getting some custom SNES connector moulds made?
cause first off what about 2 player games? :roll:
second, and more important, a through-hole kit wont fit at all. :lol:
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

man you think i didnt think of that? :? there will be cutouts on the top if you want NES plus (straight down) side cutouts for programming (6 & 10 pin) !
:oops: I'm sure you did. I just recall it was a comment a saw a couple times on the board regarding the current Fuzebox case...

Btw, that case you linked looks great and I'm eagerly waiting to see the outcome for the SNES ports. 100% compatible, can't ask for more. :)

-uze
ladyada

Post by ladyada »

so i got the connectors in. if you have a 3 pin and a 4 pin .156" connector they do fit.
its a little bit of a push to get the plug on & off but at least its a solid connection :)
Jhysaun

Post by Jhysaun »

:D :D yea for compatibility

>J
Lerc wrote:I intend to use my powerful skills of procrastination to ensure that when I get to making things, the chips will be available.