uzebox major picture blurr

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
huze11

uzebox major picture blurr

Post by huze11 »

So i did assemble an other uzebox since i lost my other one , though this time i was unable to get 1% t resistors so i got 5% tolerance once (E24 series) .
and for some resistance values , i was unable to get the exact thing so i got the closest i could find to it , in worst cases it would be 30 ohm away from the needed value ...
and i was unable to find Tantalum 10uf caps so i got the standard ones .

the picture is solid and good . though the colors are far from the picture i used to have before . the color green dominates and the other colors are too bright and very distorted when i start wiggling the wires the image goes good for a fraction of a second the goes messed up again ...

i cannot understand this
D3thAdd3r

Re: uzebox major picture blurr

Post by D3thAdd3r »

It would be worth remelting all the solder points on the video DAC quickly woth your soldering iron IMO. I think the resistor values should be OK, or at least wouldn't make green dominate.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

yeah, you may have a short or a cold solder somewhere along the video path.
huze11

Post by huze11 »

thank you very much for the support guys , i did recheck the wiring and fixed some things and got much better colors , though something quite unusual remains
when i set all the blue bits high , i get a blue screen (blue works fine)
when i set the green bits on for the while screen i get a green screen so green screen (green works fine)
though when i set the red bits on for the full screen i get a yellow screen ?? , i am unable to explain this
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Since yellow is caused by high levels of red and green, and green works pure by itself, I would shorting is a real possibility as Uze said.

Maybe it is green shorting with red. Even a really small "tail" or small solder blob on the bottom side of the board could cause this. Can you take a close up picture of the video resistors?
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Could also be a short on the ad725 pins...