SD card issue

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
the_antithesis

SD card issue

Post by the_antithesis »

I hope this is the right place for this.

I recently assembled my kit. it works except the SD card doesn't work. It goes right to Megatris. I am a total noob when it comes to soldering. I rechecked the pins and *think* they're all connected properly. Obviously, I'll need to re-recheck that, but pointers on where to look for my mistake would be appreciated.

Also, the power button doesn't do anything but make a delightful clicking sound. I checked around and found out it doesn't work like a traditional power button but is just another user input. Is it not supposed to do anything at this point or is this a further sign of a problem that I'll need to correct?
D3thAdd3r

Re: SD card issue

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Try holding any button on the controller and hit reset while still holding the controller button. If all is well you should see the bootloader and be greeted to whatever roms are on the card. If not then something is wrong.

The power button is just another input, yes. It hasn't really been utilized yet so don't be alarmed by it doing nothing with current games/kernel.
the_antithesis

Re: SD card issue

Post by the_antithesis »

Ok, yeah. That did it. Of course now I recheck the documentation and that's what it says to do, so it was a total noob mistake right there.