NUzebox - Uzebox Neslou's Edition :-)

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
Jubatian

Re: NUzebox - Uzebox Neslou's Edition :-)

Post by Jubatian »

Nice stuff! I like your logo design! :)
neslou

Post by neslou »

Many Thank's Jubatian !
Regarding my Logo, i have it since 2006..but i still use it (Uze it sorry :D )..
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Love both cases. What is the first one? It looks like it is not 3d printed, perhaps it is something you can get premade and fairly cheap?

You have one buyer at least when you release it!
neslou

Post by neslou »

Hi D3thAdd3r,
The first one is a cheap plastic case, you are right! I bought some samples years ago.. (5$ USD each i think)..
After seeing one link :
https://www.linux.com/blog/giayee-49-p1 ... spberry-pi
If you can do hole in plastic you can buy by yourself..but you have to own a PCB 12*12cm if i remember correctly :-)
If you are interested, i can give you all the extra information no problems.. just ask..
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

If you can find those separate without the ARM PC(which knowing about that now, I want one) for cheap still, that could be a clean solution. There are existing holes that would need to be worked into the equation and even might dictate a few PCB placements on jacks/etc. Even at that, once figured out, a jig could be made and a rotary tool could make repeated clean cutouts quickly. It's hard to overstate the advantage a case that doesn't need to be made is, so long as the machining can be nearly automated.

Wish I had time for such a project but I have buried myself way too deep and the incomplete WIP are piling up pretty fierce. "Maybe some day"™ :roll:
neslou

Post by neslou »

The clean holes can be made by the manufactured, but it is difficult for me to make the 3d schematics :D .. From now, i always ask other people to do the job..
I have made good progress with eagle for placing pcb holes etc.. and i think this plastic boxe is cute but too little (12*12cm).. the mini-itx seems more universal according to me..that's why i will recreate the pcb in that format.
I will use this time the original F2 revision of the schematic (not the Euzebox)..
I will see for january may be :D
Matej

Post by Matej »

Hello Neslou.Any chance to get 1x Nuzebox?We live in same country.So postage will be best...
danboid

Post by danboid »

Hi Neslou

I'd like to build another Uzebox and this time I want to build a SCART version with no AD725. Rather than using a breadboard I'd prefer to get a few PCBs printed.

Have you still got the gerber file for the Nuzebox and would you consider sharing it if you do?

How does the Nuzebox compare to the Euzebox? Is it just a different layout of the same design?

Thanks!