NUzebox - Uzebox Neslou's Edition :-)

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: NUzebox - Uzebox Neslou's Edition :-)

Post by uze6666 »

The led is per my official reference design. Not absolutely necessary but it can be useful for debugging purposes. For the expansion port, see the F2 schematic on the download page. It's preferable to put it to be able to use thing like the Uzenet module.
neslou

Post by neslou »

Hi Uze,
I will have a look, you are right :D
neslou

Post by neslou »

Hi everybody,
Some little News from my journey regarding my NUzebox.. just a draft for the moment.
* => I have decided to order the PCB in Blue in order to avoid confusion with the Original Uzebox; the Euzebox or even the Fuzebox. I will (I hope) receive the pcb sooner...
* => I have received my plastic box in order to offer an enclosure to my Development board :D

Regarding the joystick, I would like to know if some of you have already put USB connector (more easy to find I think for the connector and joypad) like this :
http://denki.world3.net/retro_v2.html
The firmware use the open source software V-USB, but what would be the change necessary on the uzebox for allowing USB joypad? considering adding the necessary hardware? Does it need to change the Uze kernel?
Regards All.
Neslou.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

I researched into this as I have a stack of ATtiny and USB ports ready to solder up. I never found an example or even confirmation it's possible with V-USB, my conclusion was to find another library or use an AVR mcu with built in USB support.

The reason it is not trivial is that you need to implement a USB host with HID support. Those adapters all around the net do the opposite, they convert non-USB controller signals into HID packets for a PC operating systems USB host. Anyway just wanted to steer you in the right direction, I would like to see something like this happen but I suspect it's a serious project.
CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow »

Easiest (AVR) route to USB Host/OTG is an AT90usb64x with Dean Cameras LUFA (lightweight usb framework for AVR)
CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow »

Oh. Just for clarification, that is the chip on the original "Teensy"
neslou

Post by neslou »

Thank you all two for your prompt answers..i will continue my homework :D
I was aware it will not be easy, so I will do with the rare snes female connector for the moment until I improve my overall knowledge..
Thank's
CunningFellow

Post by CunningFellow »

Also remember its yours and you can do with it as you like.

If you want to use 6 pin din plugs for the joysticks, NO one can tell you you're wrong
neslou

Post by neslou »

Of course, you are right CunningFellow :) but I would like to make something interesting / easily applicable / easy to find components also for the French users (According to me, the Uzebox is not known as it should!)
That's why, it is important to give some structure to the building blocks of the design..
Later (now I am just on my version 0.1) my aim is to allow French newbies (but not only them if possible) to discover the fantastic Uze world :D ...
It is not just putting the component and play with... there is some interesting learning curve with this project..
Regards.
Neslou.
neslou

Post by neslou »

I have just receive my first blue prototype of Nuzebox, i am quite excited even if for the moment, i made some mistake and have to improve many things again for the version 0.2 :D
The picture with my comments
The picture with my comments
Some errors.png (1.44 MiB) Viewed 10906 times
20150513_105935.jpg
20150513_105935.jpg (405.59 KiB) Viewed 10907 times