The quest to a portable Uzebox - update!

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
rv6502

Re: The quest to a portable Uzebox - update!

Post by rv6502 »

L4rry wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:16 pm So I've finally assembled my first uzebox portable
Great, another bot posting pron. :lol:

Looks damn sexy.
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

Hey awesome! Another portable! I'm hoping for more Wi-Fi games in the future.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Awesome work!! :mrgreen: Thanks for posting! For the screws, I got them from HobbyKing, the exact part is in in the BOM if I'm not mistaken.
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

I've finally gotten some serious play time in on my portable, and it is freaking awesome! :D Thank you Alec!

I needed to add a bit more kapton tape inside to prevent a short from occuring when playing Bugz. Apparently I squeeze the controller super hard when I am constantly holding down B and rolling my thumb to press A at the same time. Based on the hand cramp I got after beating Bugz on the train ride home today, I would have to say "certainly" I squeeze the controller too hard rather than "apparently". :lol:

This is perfect for showing off to people. I can just walk around with it and hand it to someone for them to play. Much easier than the soft cooler I would carry around with me that had a display and its power brick, a computer speaker and its power brick, the Uzebox and its power brick, and then going "crap, there are only two outlets here".

I've even had people ask me "Is that a new Nintendo?"