SD card interface not working?

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
jhhoward

SD card interface not working?

Post by jhhoward »

I've been putting together my new Uzebox with the 3d printed enclosure but I'm having some problems with the SD card interface.

I followed the standard assembly instructions and soldered everything onto the board, and everything was working. I was able to load up games and play them without a problem. After mounting everything in the case, the bootloader now complains that there is no SD card present. I tried taking it back out of the case, but I'm still having the same problem and I'm unable to load any games.

I've tried different SD cards, so I know it's not the card itself. I looked closely at all the solder joints, and although I'm not an expert, nothing stands out as a problem. I'm not really sure what else to try. Any ideas?
D3thAdd3r

Re: SD card interface not working?

Post by D3thAdd3r »

I'd guess it could have been some mechanical stress while being installed in the case. I would just look closely at the uzebox schematic and verify with a multimeter that all the pins on the SD socket are making it to the corresponding pin on the 644. It might be worth very briefly retouching all the solder joints in case you have a cold joint that got aggravated with the board install. It has to be something simple if it was working before.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: SD card interface not working?

Post by uze6666 »

Perhaps a cold solder somewhere. Try reheating and reapplying a tiny bit of solder on all the pads of the SD card socket. Use the schematic and a multi-meter to verify all the parts and trace relating to the SD interface like the resistor dividers and the 3V power supply.

Worst case, I could get a look at it if you're willing to send it back.