SNES receptacles available

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
AtomicZombie

SNES receptacles available

Post by AtomicZombie »

I am having a large order of SNES receptacles made for a project I am working on. These are the same ones needed by UZEBox, so I was wondering of there is any interest here for the parts.
I would be able to sell a pair of them for $9.95, possibly less if there is enough demand.

I know it has been difficult to find these, and ripping apart a classic SNES is sacrilege!
If anyone is interested, please email me at... atomic at atomiczombie.com

I will wait a month or so to see if there is enough interest to order extra, which will help offset the cost for the part needed in my own project.

Cheers!
Brad
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: SNES receptacles available

Post by uze6666 »

Hey Brad,

5$ a pop is a bit expensive. What's the break qty? Back then we were able to source them for about 1$ each. I think we had to buy 2000 though. I still have the contact, send me a PM if you'd like to contact them for a quote. Who knows you could have a better price and it's possible to have connectors with right angle pins instead of the straight ones I have. Much easier to solder..
AtomicZombie

Re: SNES receptacles available

Post by AtomicZombie »

uze6666 wrote:Hey Brad,

5$ a pop is a bit expensive. What's the break qty? Back then we were able to source them for about 1$ each. I think we had to buy 2000 though. I still have the contact, send me a PM if you'd like to contact them for a quote. Who knows you could have a better price and it's possible to have connectors with right angle pins instead of the straight ones I have. Much easier to solder..
Thanks, will do!
It sure takes time to get info from these China manufacturers, but I think I may be able to get a similar price by the 1000. Still waiting to hear from them.

Brad