Hi, I'm new here, with an old project (photo's)

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
Paul_K

Hi, I'm new here, with an old project (photo's)

Post by Paul_K »

Hi There,

I'm Paul from The Netherlands. Somewhere 2010 I started with the project by using the E1 reference design in Eagle. Changes I made: 230Vac PSU, design own PCB (single sided, with few wire bridges). The project had some pauses in the proces. From time to time I feel to urge to do something and other times I'm busy with school and motorcycling. At this moment the board is soldered, all parts are in the house. Photo's will say more than words I guess. To do list: remove solder flux, drill holes for connectors, solder connectors, test and hope it works.

If there are any questions regarding the project, please feel free to ask.

*Working on the photo's, online soon, uploading them at the moment

PCB

Workspot: soldering iron, some tools and a bunch of parts

The result, still some work to be done
Harty123

Re: Hi, I'm new here, with an old project (photo's)

Post by Harty123 »

Hi Paul,

welcome in the Uzebox community. Your pictures looks awesome (but also a little bit dangerous - 230V in an aluminium enclosure)...

Cheers Harty
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Nice pcb :) ...I always like to see cool project pics like those. Is these a specific reason you made your own psu vs. using a wall transformer?
Paul_K

Post by Paul_K »

Harty123 wrote:Hi Paul,

welcome in the Uzebox community. Your pictures looks awesome (but also a little bit dangerous - 230V in an aluminium enclosure)...

Cheers Harty
No problem with 230V, IF you use a proper ground/earth wire on the enclosure. That way the user is secured against danger. Thanks for the advice and welcome (always nice to know you don't want me to electrocute myself :lol: ). I've worked with an 20-40kV project before (20-50mm spark generator) :geek:
uze6666 wrote:Nice pcb :) ...I always like to see cool project pics like those. Is these a specific reason you made your own psu vs. using a wall transformer?
No not really specific. Just the fact I preferred the whole systemen inside one small box, without an external PSU.