Ethernet-enabled Euzebox (pre-WIP)

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
NoOne

Ethernet-enabled Euzebox (pre-WIP)

Post by NoOne »

Recently I noticed that the etherrape from lochraster.org (http://www.lochraster.org/etherrape/) perfectly fits into the 1455N1202 housing together with the euzebox. I'd like to build a status display which can receive status information from servers and a telnet (or even ssh) client with a PS/2 keyboard. This will be my first uzebox project. I will try with video mode 9, euzebox and etherrape maybe linked via UART and the keyboard can be connected to the etherrape. Theres already support for that in the ethersex software (http://ethersex.de/index.php/Features), so what do you think about that? :mrgreen:
photo[1].jpg
photo[1].jpg (127.95 KiB) Viewed 3391 times
Harty123

Re: Ethernet-enabled Euzebox (pre-WIP)

Post by Harty123 »

Very nice! Can't wait to see your program...

I'm thinking about a WLAN solution to enable multi player games. Some days ago I visited a presentation of Redpine Signals. But my favorite one are WiFi modules from GainSpan. It's possible to load your own application to this modules. With a central server a very simple multiplayer option could become possible.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

That's a big board for ethernet access, but who cares if it works. Really cool, I'll follow that closely! I have a couple of wiznet modules like this one lying around and waiting to be tested. Like Harty I also tend to prefer wireless modules. I think I'll order this one, pretty inexpensive and quite small!

Perhaps UzeNet is not so far! 8-)
NoOne

Post by NoOne »

uze6666 wrote:Perhaps UzeNet is not so far! 8-)
Yeah :D I also thought of a "game directory" where you can download games directly via a server. And of course multiplayer could also be very cool.