Uzebox 3D printed enclosure!

Topics regarding the Uzebox hardware/AVCore/BaseBoard (i.e: PCB, resistors, connectors, part list, schematics, hardware issues, etc.) should go here.
Gosma

Re: Uzebox 3D printed enclosure!

Post by Gosma »

I did not made this one, but i have a strong desire to do some, still i do not have time. I have even bough another genesis to do the same as in this video :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba5xAaHkdxs

They use the same procedure as CPU case mod's for plastic parts, there are videos i saw they using an very light sanding to fix the painting, but this one they did not have
used it.

pretty cool
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

I spent a ridiculous amount of time in that final cover cover plate that includes the logo and Uzebox text. It happened to be a lot more tough that I tough considering the resolution, that I can print with a single color/filament and that I am obsessively way too perfectionist. After trying a lot of things, I ended up making it with bits and parts snapping in the top face plate and gluing them in place. Not exactly what I was looking for, but for it's good enough for now.

And after printing all the other parts, the final results! At last!!! And no, this one is not a rendering! :D

Next, printing the top body in red and then moving on!!!
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Excellent! You sir, are the man.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Small update. I didn't like the Uzebox logo so I reworked that. Comes out much better with the ring and a slightly dome shape. I also found a better red plastic shade, looks better than the "pure" red. More when I print all that. Almost there. 8-)

D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

New logo definitely looks better
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

D3thAdd3r wrote:New logo definitely looks better
What about the color though? You guys prefers that yellow/gold or silver?
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Came back to look at this 3 times and still can't choose. I like the yellow/gold logo for the contrast but it wouldn't look good with matching yellow buttons. I like the grey because it matches the buttons that would look good in there. I have changed this sentence 3 times...I like the gold better because it looks like the uzebox logo when a game starts up. Gold logo might also look good with any color scheme, if it did then all color schemes would be tied in together and you'd only have to worry about making 1 color of logos?
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

It's hard to decide, I like the yellow for the contrast too. I'd keep the button grey though, but that would make a 4 colors scheme. Perhaps not that bad, we'll see, I should have all parts printed in the next few days.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Well, I've settled on silver after trying both. And the new logo *much* better, I'm happy. I think I'll have the logo and buttons made out of real metal on shapeways! :D

Click for a bigger picture!
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Oh, btw, here's the remnants of all those print tests! A lot were due to the bad tuning of my printer when I received it. I had to do a lot of adjustments to make it print correctly and precisely so that multiple parts could seamlessly fit together. A shame really for printer that costs 3 grands. But oh well, I kinda expected that and now it works fine!