got a graphics question (solved)

Topics related to the API, programming discussions & questions, coding tips, bugs, etc. should go here.
mrpixels0

got a graphics question (solved)

Post by mrpixels0 »

Finally Solved the problem, after reading the info at the WIKI a million plus times (yeah I am a sow learner) it finally clicked in there thank god.

so you can ignore these two questions.

So I have been looking at the API docs on the wiki and I wanted to see if I am understanding this method of using graphics on the uzebox.

1. create a set of tiles that will compose say a 48 x 48 sprite
2. convert that data in to a numeric representation basicly an array of numer values
3. use an API command setup by the kernel to assemble the sprite and put it on the screen

I know this is probably pretty simple and I am making harder than it should be but I am not sure I understand it yet or is there a possible to just load a sprite of any given size and tiles are used solely for the creation of a background ?.

Edited to add another question:

I tried compiling the tutorial.C program, with the Following command line :AVR-GCC tutorial.C -Os -STK500 and it failed with a warning about missing a "(" in the Predicate in line 1:9 and Also gave a warning about not having the Device specified or somthing like that. what am I doing wrong ?.

info about my system in case you need it:

Intel Macbook Pro running leopard 10.5.7, Core 2 Duo running at 2.2 GHz with 2 GB Ram, compile environment is a AVR-GCC from the MacPac download located at this address : http://www.obdev.at/avrmacpack.

Russ