Uzebox SD Gameloader V0.4.5

Topics related to the API, programming discussions & questions, coding tips, bugs, etc. should go here.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Uzebox SD Gameloader V0.4.2!

Post by uze6666 »

Just wondering if the bootloader now has FAT32 support, as well as new version of the bootloader coming out?
Unfortunately, there's no such support so far. Though it would be a nice addition with SDHC support. Non-SDHC cards are quite hard to get by lately. But all this is hard work and I don't foresee having time to undertake such a task. If anyone want to take the challenge, I'd be glad to give pointers. :)

-Uze
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

Hi,

one of my customers has the following problem with the gamesloader:
Gamesloader_Problem.jpg
Gamesloader_Problem.jpg (437.88 KiB) Viewed 8135 times
It's possible for him to load and play the games from SD card without problems.

Some ideas?

Thx and best regards

-Harty
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

:shock: Only the first and last font lines are missing...weird. And you say other games works well? Does he have a ISP programmer to reflash the bootloader?
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

uze6666 wrote::shock: Only the first and last font lines are missing...weird. And you say other games works well? Does he have a ISP programmer to reflash the bootloader?
Yes - he told me the games works fine. He has only this problem with the bootloader. It's a customer from Germany - I will find a way to update his EUzebox If he doesn't have a ISP programmer.

-Harty
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Apart flash corruption it's hard to see why it is acting like that. An even then, like just the font area or something. To be sure you could make a simple HEX to checksum the bootloader area. Otherwise, it could be that the bootloader has slightly different timing and his Bravia has problems with it? Can he test it on another TV/screen?
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

uze6666 wrote:Apart flash corruption it's hard to see why it is acting like that. An even then, like just the font area or something. To be sure you could make a simple HEX to checksum the bootloader area. Otherwise, it could be that the bootloader has slightly different timing and his Bravia has problems with it? Can he test it on another TV/screen?
He checked 3 different TV's with the same result...
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

How large can a .hex files be... the pure file in order to flash it with the gameloader?
well, I've got the Tetris and the Arkanoid which doesn't work. The .hex file is 167 kb
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
Roukan

Post by Roukan »

Kilo wrote:How large can a .hex files be... the pure file in order to flash it with the gameloader?
well, I've got the Tetris and the Arkanoid which doesn't work. The .hex file is 167 kb
I believe it's .UZE filetype (binary image) that you use to flash with the Gameloader not .HEX file, max size of .UZE file = 64k minus the size of the gameloader.

I'm no expert so take the above info with a pinch of salt :?

Cheers

Roukan / Jim
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

ahh ok!!
So, a 61kb .uze file would be the maximum!?

tested it... ok... everything is fine now :)

what's about the reset feature with the joypad? :mrgreen:
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

The soft reset sequence is START + SELECT + Y + B. Very early roms we don't have the sources may use a different sequence or none at all.
So, a 61kb .uze file would be the maximum!?
65536-4096=61440 is the maximum binary size you program can have. +512 bytes for a .uze file header=61952 bytes to be exact. :) The packrom tool will warn if the source exceeds the maximum size. The gameloader also clips files to be sure it does not overwrite itself.