SPI RAM interface functions

Topics related to the API, programming discussions & questions, coding tips, bugs, etc. should go here.
D3thAdd3r

Re: SPI RAM interface functions

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Interesting, this could be particularly useful to me on a couple things. I might try and take a look what it would entail to implement the idea.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Could we get a small standard detection routine in here? It seems to me that any game that is going to use SPI ram will first check for it's presence, either to not do feature or not operate at all(presumably with some message to the user). It seems something universally useful, and no particular advantages to doing such a thing in C per each program.
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

D3thAdd3r wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:37 pm Could we get a small standard detection routine in here? It seems to me that any game that is going to use SPI ram will first check for it's presence, either to not do feature or not operate at all(presumably with some message to the user). It seems something universally useful, and no particular advantages to doing such a thing in C per each program.
I added it, it is in Master. SpiRamInit() now has a return value telling whether the SPI RAM is there.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

You rock, thank you