Convert Graphics

Topics related to the API, programming discussions & questions, coding tips, bugs, etc. should go here.
Kilo

Re: Convert Graphics

Post by Kilo »

Yes I think so...
But I don't have Linux and actually I did not intend to use it.
There must be an easier way. Like ready to use tools
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Artcfox wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:26 pm Take a look at the YouTube video playlist I posted. I go over everything.
I know... but my question is: why do have the user need to install this OS and install this software and this and do this and need this to compile this and build the tools for his self?
Why are there no finished build tools in order to use them?
I mean... I only want to use avr studio to build my games. At work I only have avr studio. So I could make games there at work. I am not able to install more software. There must be only one .exe for converting graphics and then the uzem.exe for testing it. Don't need more.
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
L4rry

Post by L4rry »

I've attached the tools here I could build successfully on my windows gaming pc. They include gconvert, bin2hex and midiconv. Unfortunately I couldn't get uzem or cuzem to build as I had trouble linking the SDL2 libraries. I tried to debug it, but got nowhere. Hope these are useful to you.
bin.zip
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 382 times
EDIT: Added libstdc++6.dll to the zip file. Place this file in the same directory as the executables.
Last edited by L4rry on Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

L4rry wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:30 pm I've attached the tools here I could build successfully on my windows gaming pc. They include gconvert, bin2hex and midiconv. Unfortunately I couldn't get uzem or cuzem to build as I had trouble linking the SDL2 libraries. I tried to debug it, but got nowhere. Hope these are useful to you.

bin.zip
Thaaaaaank you sooooo much!!!! :idea: :P
I still have uzem.exe, so don't worry :)

Wow... will test it right now!

Edit:
Got an error starting gconvert. The procedure entry point "_ZSt24_throw_out_of_range_fmtPKcz" was not found in the DLL "libstdc ++ - 6.dll"
:cry:
L4rry

Post by L4rry »

Kilo wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:46 pm
L4rry wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:30 pm I've attached the tools here I could build successfully on my windows gaming pc. They include gconvert, bin2hex and midiconv. Unfortunately I couldn't get uzem or cuzem to build as I had trouble linking the SDL2 libraries. I tried to debug it, but got nowhere. Hope these are useful to you.

bin.zip
Thaaaaaank you sooooo much!!!! :idea: :P
I still have uzem.exe, so don't worry :)

Wow... will test it right now!

Edit:
Got an error starting gconvert. The procedure entry point "_ZSt24_throw_out_of_range_fmtPKcz" was not found in the DLL "libstdc ++ - 6.dll"
:cry:
I've updated my post with a new version of the zip file. It now contains the libstdc++-6.dll file. Place it in the same folder as your executables. Hopefully this will solve your problem. It should really be statically linked in, but I don't have the will power to make those changes to the build scripts :lol:
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

*cry*
it works... :o
tears are falling down on my floor...
my life has meaning again!

Thank you L4rry!

btw: I had these .dll in my directory. did they Change the dll?
L4rry

Post by L4rry »

Kilo wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:48 pm *cry*

Thank you L4rry!

It's a pleasure :) The version of the .dll I attached came with the mingw distribution I downloaded today, so it's like just a different version/build then the one you had.
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

L4rry wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:51 pm
Kilo wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:48 pm *cry*

Thank you L4rry!

It's a pleasure :) The version of the .dll I attached came with the mingw distribution I downloaded today, so it's like just a different version/build then the one you had.
Indeed. My dll was the one I used years ago. But I also tried do download a new one without success.
Wow... never thought that it would works now :)

Great... now I can go one with game development! thanks!!
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

A really old version of Uzem might not work with all the changes that the kernel has seen. CUzeBox is the newest emulator that is cycle perfect, and supports SD properly. You can download Windows binaries here: http://files.jubatian.com/cuzebox_windows_x86.zip
nicksen782

Post by nicksen782 »

Link to reference post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1805&start=20#p28068

Concerning UAM4 (which uses my JavaScript gconvert port) I'm concerned that it wasn't used correctly.

Actually, I remember performing tests with Megatris graphics.

I did what you said but I got the correct output.

Additionally, the output that you provided in the forums looked nothing like the output of UAM4.

Procedure:
https://nicksen782.net/UAM4/uam4.php . This is the live version.

// Get the image.
Go find the graphics.png file (github?) and right click and copy image (or you could just download it.)

// Set the image.
Go to UAM4 and you can double click the image placeholder on the right and then use CTRL+V (or you could use the upload image button as expected.)

// Set the xml.
Copy and paste the gconvert.xml file into the text area in the middle.

// Parse the image and xml.
Click Parse. The screen will scroll down and you will see all the maps from the gconvert.xml file.

// Process to get the C include text.
Just click Process now.
The screen will scroll again.

// Observe results.
On the left you will see the tileset. This includes ONLY tiles that were used by a map.
In the middle you will see the original source image but any tiles that were seen a second time (duplicates) will be darkened.
On the right you will see two textareas. The top one should have the C include text that you want.