Music & Sound Composing

This forum is for artists to post their music and graphics or discuss artistic matters that could be used in Uzebox games.
Kilo

Music & Sound Composing

Post by Kilo »

...Only for your interest:

https://soundcloud.com/kilo-900819724

There is some music of me, created for shortmovies or games.
Especially "Mystery Outback" was or is a computer game in progress where I composed the music.

The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
D3thAdd3r

Re: Music & Sound Composing

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Did not know you were a musician, this is nice stuff. These are good tracks you show and also I like "The Last Decision". They seem like really good music for certain RPGs or similar. It is all very mellow and non-intrusive, and having that drifting mysterious touch to the melodies. Definitely sets a mood.
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

Wow, these are awesome. Is there a process you follow that might help the less musically experienced compose nice background music for the Uzebox? I've tried looking up how to design video game music, but it usually always geared to modern games.
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Thanks guys! ;)

Well I make music since I was a child.
Month agos someone asked my if i could make a soudntrack for his game Mystery Castle and after a half day I finished my work.
"last decision" was a track for a shortmovie. A documentary about an old artist.

I didn't composed music for the uzebox yet because of my less knowledge of compiling these...
Well I could deliver the "raw" sound like in my videos and links.

So I can't make a tutorial for the uzebox. First, I don't know much about the compiling to run on the uzebox. And second, a tut for "how to make a soundtrack" is just like the same if you ask a painter how to make a "Mona Lisa". :)
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

Gotcha. When you said:
I don't know much about the compiling to run on the uzebox
Did you mean compiling the game code for the Uzebox, or composing music for the Uzebox?
L4rry

Post by L4rry »

These are really impressive Kilo. Music composition is such a mystery art form for me so I'm always impressed
with anyone that can produce their own quality work like you have here. I'd like to echo the sentiments that the
music is nice and relaxing. It sets a mood without being intrusive. Excellent background music for games in my uneducated
opinion :)
Artcfox wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:23 pm I've tried looking up how to design video game music, but it usually always geared to modern games.
I would recommend this Udemy course for beginner composers called Game Music Composition: Make Music For Games From Scratch. It even includes a module on chip tune music, but the value is that you need no prior music theory and it teaches you the basics of scales, melodies, bass etc. plus how to approach designing a game composition based on different starting points like character, or theme/mood etc. It's very hands-on as well. You can pick it up for around 10 dollars. It goes on special quite regularly.
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

L4rry wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:04 am These are really impressive Kilo. Music composition is such a mystery art form for me so I'm always impressed
with anyone that can produce their own quality work like you have here. I'd like to echo the sentiments that the
music is nice and relaxing. It sets a mood without being intrusive. Excellent background music for games in my uneducated
opinion :)
Artcfox wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:23 pm I've tried looking up how to design video game music, but it usually always geared to modern games.
I would recommend this Udemy course for beginner composers called Game Music Composition: Make Music For Games From Scratch. It even includes a module on chip tune music, but the value is that you need no prior music theory and it teaches you the basics of scales, melodies, bass etc. plus how to approach designing a game composition based on different starting points like character, or theme/mood etc. It's very hands-on as well. You can pick it up for around 10 dollars. It goes on special quite regularly.
Oooh, sweet! Thanks for the tip. It looks like it's on sale now for $15.
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Check this out,
some more music of me...

D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Whoa good stuff!
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

Yup! Nice to hear some music getting composed! Sure I will keep working on that new kernel to bring up its audio support as well, nothing this impressive with its three channels, but at least it will be there :) I like how you recorded the multitracker, it is interesting to see what happens actually, trying to grasp it. I perceive you have (up to 24) preloaded audio tracks there of which you are composing the final piece by the appropriate control of these individual tracks, sounds fun to play around with!