Scuzzbox arrives!

Discuss anything not related to the current Uzebox design like successors and other open source gaming hardware
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Scuzzbox arrives!

Post by uze6666 »

Congrats! Indeed a huge milestone. When you'll get anything to display, the toughest stuff will lies behind! :)

Uze
scuzz

Post by scuzz »

Thanks for the encouragement everyone :D

It's always funny to see how electrically inclined people get how big a milestone this is, but of course it's entirely uninteresting to everyone else :P

Anyway, I have a question about something rather fundamental to the console: what kind of standard library functions is everyone expecting to see?

Are you guys expecting printf, memcpy, malloc, and all those other goodies? Or should I not bother getting the standard library compiling properly? I'm currently trying to get it to compile because getting formatted output to the tune of "Memory location %08X contains value %08X" off of the serial port will be fantastically useful during debugging, but I'm curious what the coders are expecting.

Currently trying to fix the startup code (the current method of compiling is leaving the reset vector with garbage).
sirus

Post by sirus »

any update? ive been thinking of making a pic32mx uzebox type thing