How do you add a laptop or netbook harddrive to the uzebox?

Discuss anything not related to the current Uzebox design like successors and other open source gaming hardware
mast3rbug

Re: How do you add a laptop or netbook harddrive to the uzebox?

Post by mast3rbug »

USB need interrupt. USB need constant stream or it deconnect. Even an Atmega with USB support need an interrupt. Need to answer the bus at a specific time. You can't have interrupt in uzebox or in any kind of software video generation. you will kill the video signal. Sata is impossible to do. However, I already made PATA Hard drive transfer.(old mp3 player project, back in the time when it even does not existed...) But it need a lot of I/O. Not a good IDEA. The only way to do that is By usb, with an External USB MCU, with a communication by Serial port OR SPI with the UZEBOX, and it will be then slower than reading an SD CARD itself.
An 1 gig SDCARD cost under 8$ shipping included. The time/parts/knowledges needed to made an USB/SATA/HOST interface is huge.

My 2 1/2 cents...

Mast3rbug.
Speeddemon

Post by Speeddemon »

Hi n tys for your reply would adding a set of mc4001 binary adders take care of that I/o poblem ? Or can a a/d conver chip and a mp3 with programs be added and used like a starpath supe :geek: rcharger?
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Hey man, drunk but start with simplest shit. Will feel fun
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

D3thAdd3r wrote:Hey man, drunk but start with simplest shit. Will feel fun
:lol: best reply! I would add that You will need an hex multiplexer to serialize the converted grey code binary adder you mentionned. That's pretty much the only way you will attain an integrated convertion rate required by the modulated SATA capacitor. Btw, Adders are for whimps unless, of course, they are of the "Death" kind. ;)
mast3rbug

Post by mast3rbug »

Speeddemon:

Ok, By all your questions and your magic answers , I can see that you know nothing about what you are talking, and all that is pure magic to you. Please, start by a simple "BLINKING LED" program. When you will be able to do that, you will understand a little more about why this and how that.

Mast3rbug.
Speeddemon

Post by Speeddemon »

Wow lamfo blinking leds wth ???? !!!! I did that when I was 6 homie on 500 in 1 crappy rad shack kitt .lol Hey im just a newbie here for one n never claimed I was grand master tech there bud if you guys put your heads together n find a way to put some usb ports on the uzebox and add some extra ram and a controller chip

use a sd card to harddrive adaptor card reverisd my idea might work someday n would help to making new games n other emus to the uzebox better .!!! hey im just trying to come up with new ideas bro . pce :geek: :mrgreen:
mast3rbug

Post by mast3rbug »

hehe. It's nice. But you must admit that for a newbies comment without any introduction about yourself on your basic knowledge with a first post asking about really hardcore stuff can go to that kind of reaction! I consider myself as an hardcore coder on AVR and I saw a lot of newbies comments like that and most of the time they know nothing about coding and they want to make hot stuff from the beginning. It's just normal but you must admit that it can sounds strange if we don't know your general knowledges. Personally, I think that It could be a must to know more about you and what you have done... I would be happy to know more about your background! seriously!

Sorry if my last post sounds rude, but it was not my intention :D I just don't see the reason of interfacing an HD on a minimal 10$ MCU with already hard task to do when you can actually store about 5 full uncompressed movies in an uzebox format on an SD CARD. I just don't get the point here.

Mast3rbug.
Speeddemon

Post by Speeddemon »

Hey guys go and check this out !!!! This guy has done it to a crapo c64 dtv joy stick !!! He added a harddrive !!!!!!!...www form64.com :P (c128 egretz mein dtv umbau megamb v2.2 c64 dtv forum64) just need uZem to do a buld n write up n test dat puppy out !!!! on the uzebox!!!!!
:mrgreen:
mast3rbug

Post by mast3rbug »

Your link is an architecture company...

Mast3rbug
Speeddemon

Post by Speeddemon »

My bag bro!! its on http://www.forum64.de/wbb3/ from the mebber :) c128 egrezts :ugeek: its called megambv,2,2 when I seen the post I was in german I couldit make to much out of it I dont speak it but I was kewl to see tho ! Look in harware sec for Iec2ata :ugeek:
Last edited by Speeddemon on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.