Atxmega NEW powerkill CONSOLE

Discuss anything not related to the current Uzebox design like successors and other open source gaming hardware
DaveyPocket

Re: Atxmega NEW powerkill CONSOLE

Post by DaveyPocket »

Nice work!
mast3rbug

Post by mast3rbug »

Hey.

UZE or other peoples here, Someone know where I can find SNES connectors? I'm lost. cannot see it on digikey or any other place.

Thanks!
Mast3rbug.
Janka

Post by Janka »

Socket or plug? The easiest way to get plugs is to buy some SNES replica gamepads made by Eaxus, they are 3€ each.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

They are *very* hard to get. Two years ago I joined a group buy with Ladyada and other folks to buy a lot from a Hong-Kong supplier somebody found (I think the maker of the Retro-Duo). Unfortunately the MOQ is like 2000 at 1$ piece! If you need just a pair send me a PM and we can arrange something. Otherwise, if you are ready to order that much I can search my past email for that supplier. Quite frankly, you'd be better buying a MakerBot 3D printer and make 'em yourself...would probably be cheaper! :lol:
mast3rbug

Post by mast3rbug »

They are *very* hard to get. Two years ago I joined a group buy with Ladyada and other folks to buy a lot from a Hong-Kong supplier somebody found (I think the maker of the Retro-Duo). Unfortunately the MOQ is like 2000 at 1$ piece! If you need just a pair send me a PM and we can arrange something. Otherwise, if you are ready to order that much I can search my past email for that supplier. Quite frankly, you'd be better buying a MakerBot 3D printer and make 'em yourself...would probably be cheaper!
Ha! ok I see. I think since the Joystick will be used exclusively with this console, I will simply change the connector.

Thanks!

Mast3rbug
greenpower

Post by greenpower »

They are *very* hard to get. Two years ago I joined a group buy with Ladyada and other folks to buy a lot from a Hong-Kong supplier somebody found (I think the maker of the Retro-Duo). Unfortunately the MOQ is like 2000 at 1$ piece! If you need just a pair send me a PM and we can arrange something. Otherwise, if you are ready to order that much I can search my past email for that supplier. Quite frankly, you'd be better buying a MakerBot 3D printer and make 'em yourself...would probably be cheaper!

Ha! ok I see. I think since the Joystick will be used exclusively with this console, I will simply change the connector.

Thanks!

Mast3rbug
Hey, Mast3rbug. If you want to make something great from start, use modern-console plugs & controllers, so it will be much more easy to find parts. Plus, they could be at rock-bottom prices. Or you just could go wild and make your own controller, with it's own MCU and stuff.
My 2.00 ₧
I know i'm too young, but it doesn't matters. Maybe i'm a newbie, but i can learn very fastly
DaveyPocket

Post by DaveyPocket »

You can possibly make it follow the standard "Atari" controller DB-9 connector and pinout. There's lots of controllers out there with similar pinouts (Sega Genesis, Atari, etc..)
mast3rbug

Post by mast3rbug »

greenpower wrote:

Thanks!

Mast3rbug
Hey, Mast3rbug. If you want to make something great from start, use modern-console plugs & controllers, so it will be much more easy to find parts. Plus, they could be at rock-bottom prices. Or you just could go wild and make your own controller, with it's own MCU and stuff.
My 2.00 ₧

hummm... I think recent consoles are only Bluetooth and USB? lol do you think?

By the way, I just ordered 2 SNES controller for 12$ shipping included from ebay lol

Mast3rbug
Last edited by mast3rbug on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
mast3rbug

Post by mast3rbug »

DaveyPocket wrote:You can possibly make it follow the standard "Atari" controller DB-9 connector and pinout. There's lots of controllers out there with similar pinouts (Sega Genesis, Atari, etc..)

Yes I think DB9 is the way to go, like my previous console.

Mast3rbug.
majorsky78

Post by majorsky78 »

Hi!

Great work so far!!! Looks very promising!

Is the automatic adressing now finally working? I did not see any more investigations about this.
It would be a pity, if we have this possibility, but cannot use it because of SW or HW bug?

Regards,
Andre