Atxmega Videogame Console NEW!

Discuss anything not related to the current Uzebox design like successors and other open source gaming hardware
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Atxmega Videogame Console NEW!

Post by uze6666 »

Agreed, it's pretty awesome to hear a .MOD playing on an Atmega...with VGA in the background!

-Uze
greenpower

Post by greenpower »

WOW! Pretty Impressive :o . Now do State Of The Art by Spaceballs :lol:
Keep us informed about your developement.
mast3rbug

Post by mast3rbug »

greenpower wrote:WOW! Pretty Impressive :o . Now do State Of The Art by Spaceballs :lol:

Haha You know what?

I was exactly thinking of that at the moment! Because actually, I'm making a DEMO like DEMOSCENE on the ATXMEGA. And in my concept, I will include some parts of old amiga demos, and I will have parts of Spaceballs demo and other demos too. Maybe I could post a video preview of the development of it at this moment.... humm.... I will see if I want to post it or not since it's unfinished. By the way, did you saw the "MAKING OF STATE OF THE ART?" You can easily find it on youtube.

Mast3rbug.
mast3rbug

Post by mast3rbug »

mast3rbug wrote:
greenpower wrote:WOW! Pretty Impressive :o . Now do State Of The Art by Spaceballs :lol:

Haha You know what?

I was exactly thinking of that at the moment! Because actually, I'm making a DEMO like DEMOSCENE on the ATXMEGA. And in my concept, I will include some parts of old amiga demos, and I will have parts of Spaceballs demo and other demos too. Maybe I could post a video preview of the development of it at this moment.... humm.... I will see if I want to post it or not since it's unfinished. By the way, did you saw the "MAKING OF STATE OF THE ART?" You can easily find it on youtube.

Ho and by the way, I have a question... You are only 13 really? How do you know all about the Demo and amiga stuff? It's something pretty old... The most young people are more oriented in 3d gaming and powerful console normaly. Nice to see that some of the new generation are interested in knowing how stuff work from the start! (Because it's not only old school stuff, it's the base of all computers after all...)

Mast3rbug.
greenpower

Post by greenpower »

Hi mast3rbug,

All I know about old computers I've learnt it by myself. :ugeek:
I'm really excited about your comment. Are you doing a demo, like the Amiga ones, for that little chip? It would be awesomeness in pure state. Also my favourite demos are: Desert Dream, State of the art and 9 Fingers.
I think Desert Dream has an amazing soundratck, in fact I've discovered that somebody has made a "port" for the C64. Sounds really nice even in SID!
I don't know why but State of the art reminds me of those ads from Apple, the iPod ones. I also can't belive this demo comes from ONE floppy disk of 880k and runs in a computer with less than 1MB of ram. :shock:

I wish I had a Amiga1200 or a C64 before all those crappy, slow, expensive and power hungry PCs or Macs

BTW, I´ve bought a NES and SMB3 but the cartdridge connector is broken and I'm gonna fix it.

P.S. NASA used Amiga computers untl 2004/2005 8-)
P.S.S I've watched the making of and I think they did a really time consuming work by drawing the frames from the video.
P.S.S.S. Long live to our king the Nerd.
I know i'm too young, but it doesn't matters. Maybe i'm a newbie, but i can learn very fastly
mast3rbug

Post by mast3rbug »

greenpower wrote:Hi mast3rbug,

All I know about old computers I've learnt it by myself. :ugeek:
I'm really excited about your comment. Are you doing a demo, like the Amiga ones, for that little chip? It would be awesomeness in pure state. Also my favourite demos are: Desert Dream, State of the art and 9 Fingers.
I think Desert Dream has an amazing soundratck, in fact I've discovered that somebody has made a "port" for the C64. Sounds really nice even in SID!
I don't know why but State of the art reminds me of those ads from Apple, the iPod ones. I also can't belive this demo comes from ONE floppy disk of 880k and runs in a computer with less than 1MB of ram. :shock:

I wish I had a Amiga1200 or a C64 before all those crappy, slow, expensive and power hungry PCs or Macs

BTW, I´ve bought a NES and SMB3 but the cartdridge connector is broken and I'm gonna fix it.

P.S. NASA used Amiga computers untl 2004/2005 8-)
P.S.S I've watched the making of and I think they did a really time consuming work by drawing the frames from the video.
P.S.S.S. Long live to our king the Nerd.
The Demo I'm working on the Atxmega is between C64 and Amiga. Because The AtXmega is not enough fast and don't have enough RAM to map graphics in Bitmap Based. But I think It will be a realy cool demo.

Mast3rbug
mast3rbug

Post by mast3rbug »

Ok this is a part of the development of the Demo...

It's the animation background and one object with realtime rotation. All is realtime process.

Mast3rbug
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Excellent! :mrgreen: Just last week I was considering porting to the UZebox the Techno Skull intro by TDT TRSI...with that very same song (Digital Dreams)! Btw, the rotation stuff is vector-based or a bitmap rotation?
mast3rbug

Post by mast3rbug »

uze6666 wrote:Excellent! :mrgreen: Just last week I was considering porting to the UZebox the Techno Skull intro by TDT TRSI...with that very same song (Digital Dreams)! Btw, the rotation stuff is vector-based or a bitmap rotation?
Haha! I just made a search of the "Skull intro by TDT TRSI" on youtube and found it. Your right! It's the same song. I didn't know that this song was popular because I downloaded it on modarchive.org and the song name was simply "7". Of course, my version is in .MOD You wanted to port it in the actual UZEBOX sound engine? this could be really cool! If you want the .MOD song let me know.

For the rotation in my demo, It's 32 X 32 pixel bitmap rotation into 8x8 pixels sprites.(4 sprites X 4 sprites) I have managed to make a function to address stuff directly into ramsprites. This way, I can do a little more within the limitations. I have also some 3d fast vector based routines written in assembly language, but I don't know if I will do something with that... I will make some test. The final demo will have a center screen bitmaped over all this, 48 X 48 (big pixels) to do realtime stuff and also compressed videosequences playback, and a text scroll Zone. I think It will be cool and impressive.

EDIT:

For fun, Another version with the skull in the middle :D

Mast3rbug
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

I'd say your demo will be more than just impressive at this rate! For curiosity, is all your mod playback code in assembly? It sounds amazing!