Can anyone else see more than one page in each forum?

Discuss general Uzebox topics here: features, wish list. nice to have, etc.
Artcfox

Re: Can anyone else see more than one page in each forum?

Post by Artcfox »

I wonder if it's just a broken theme? Alec said he was having problems with the theme when the forum got upgraded.
Jubatian

Post by Jubatian »

Now it should be fine. It was likely what I thought: the forum engine got confused by the zillions of topic additions and deletions. Resynchronizing each individual forum fixed it, so now everything should be accessible once again.
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Another thing worth mentioning, is that I got an error while trying to modify a wiki page. At least for me I cannot make any changes or additions, though this is likely something that will have to wait until after the server change.
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

Jubatian wrote:Now it should be fine. It was likely what I thought: the forum engine got confused by the zillions of topic additions and deletions. Resynchronizing each individual forum fixed it, so now everything should be accessible once again.
Phew! It looks good for me now. :-)
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

D3thAdd3r wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:16 pm Another thing worth mentioning, is that I got an error while trying to modify a wiki page. At least for me I cannot make any changes or additions, though this is likely something that will have to wait until after the server change.
Can check it out again and tell me if it works? I've added you to the admins group too btw.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Artcfox wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:44 am
nicksen782 wrote:When did you first notice this?
When I tried to post a YouTube video of the audio glitch today. Since I can never remember how to use that damn [ youtube ] tag, I usually have to find one of my old posts where I actually used it correctly, and click "Edit" in order to remind myself how to use it correctly. Of course, I went to the Games & Demos forum to look for my Bugz post, because I know I posted a YouTube video there, and I found that I couldn't click onto the next page. I went to the wiki page for all the games, because I know that I made a direct link to that forum post, and I was able to view it from that link.

Has this problem existed ever since PHP got upgraded, and we just never realized it? Either way, this is really scary!
Good you pointed that out as I always hated that tag too. So I fixed the BB code for it. :) The problem was really with the https google started to use a couple years ago. Now just can copy paste the url from Youtube site straight in the tag as is.
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

Perfect!

(testing it out)
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

uze6666 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:29 am
D3thAdd3r wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:16 pm Another thing worth mentioning, is that I got an error while trying to modify a wiki page. At least for me I cannot make any changes or additions, though this is likely something that will have to wait until after the server change.
Can check it out again and tell me if it works? I've added you to the admins group too btw.
I was able to click on the Edit link of a Wiki page, but I did not try to save any changes. I did notice that the individual games pages aren't displaying their templates properly. For example: http://uzebox.org/wiki/Bugz (and every other game page) has a lot of curly brace stuff that displays all over the place like the following:

Code: Select all

{{#if:Image:Full_bugz_title.png| | }}

{{#if:|
|

{{#if:Platformer|

}}}}{{#if:|
|

{{#if:Matt Pandina (Artcfox)|

}}}}{{#if:|
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Shoot, wow that's bad. There must be an extensions missing? Or is it just a template missing? Ok, this needs to be corrected asap. Though I think I will need help on that one.
Artcfox

Post by Artcfox »

I'm not too familiar with mediawiki, but if you scroll down, it does look like the template itself is rendered properly, it just has extra {'s and #if's all over the place.