bootloader problems

Discuss general Uzebox topics here: features, wish list. nice to have, etc.
licux

bootloader problems

Post by licux »

I have problems about the bootloader.
To enter the bootloader menu, we need to press any button on P1.
But when I don't press any button on P1 controller, bootloader menu is displayed
even if P1 controller isn't connected.
And any games aren't found from the SD card. So I cannot move from the menu.
I use the SD card including the kit.

Where is the problem?
Jubatian

Re: bootloader problems

Post by Jubatian »

Huh, hope someone comes along with more skill at hardware to help you with this.

What you see likely indicates that the SD card couldn't be recognized for some reason (soldering problem?). The kit should come with the AVR pre-programmed with the bootloader, but no game (I mean within the AVR, they are on the SD card). So initially you will see the bootloader starting (which is a good thing that you have it) even if you don't press any button since it waits for you to select a game to program in. So first you need to figure out what went wrong about the SD interface. If you figure that out, the bootloader should recognize the card, and you will be able to select a game. Once you selected a game, it will behave as you expect: you can return to the bootloader by holding a button while resetting the Uzebox.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: bootloader problems

Post by uze6666 »

That's weird since Megatris should come up if you don't press anything.

Do you confirm there is games on the sd card?

If so, you may ave cold solders somewhere. If you have a multimeter, check continuity on the resistor divider network and check if the power reaches the sd socket (grab the schematic here). If all is well, I can only suspect the solders on the SD cad socket. Redo the solders on it's pins in this case.