Experiences with UART

Discuss general Uzebox topics here: features, wish list. nice to have, etc.
Harty123

Experiences with UART

Post by Harty123 »

At the moment I have a project request from an company for an special project based on the Uzebox. It's secret, but after finishing I will post more information about this project...

My question: Does anybody have experiences with the usage of the UART in Uzebox? I remember there was something in the API some years ago but I can't find it in the wiki...
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Experiences with UART

Post by uze6666 »

I sure do! Lee also lately. I've been working with it for the Uzenet interface which uses the UART to communicate with the ESP8266. There's a new UART API with separate RX and TX ring buffers in the kernel now to support this.

What can I help you with?
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

The new ring buffer setup works wonders. I put together what I know about it. Alec can you fact check this and add any thing that's missing here. I am a bit confused about what is depreciated and what is not as far as the current state of the API.
Harty123

Post by Harty123 »

Many thx for ur help. This is exactely what I was looking for... :D :D :D
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

D3thAdd3r wrote:The new ring buffer setup works wonders. I put together what I know about it. Alec can you fact check this and add any thing that's missing here. I am a bit confused about what is depreciated and what is not as far as the current state of the API.
I will improve this shortly.