UCC2013: Final Results!

Discuss Everything related to UCC, share progress of your game, ask questions, etc.
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Uzebox Code Challenge 2013 Opens!

Post by uze6666 »

If you are keen to know more then probably take it off list or at least to a different topic/thread.
Yeah guys, please do so... ;)
forsakenrider

Post by forsakenrider »

I just wanted to chime in and say, the advertising is working so keep it up. Uzebox may be niche, but when I saw the contest announcement on hackaday I was intrigued. I ordered my Uzebox kit and now I'm trying to learn C.
I don't think I will make the contest this year, but you've got me for the long haul!

Now back to the books on C.... :geek:
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

forsakenrider wrote:I just wanted to chime in and say, the advertising is working so keep it up. Uzebox may be niche, but when I saw the contest announcement on hackaday I was intrigued. I ordered my Uzebox kit and now I'm trying to learn C.
I don't think I will make the contest this year, but you've got me for the long haul!

Now back to the books on C.... :geek:
Hey, thanks for the feedback, it's sure good to know our efforts leads some results. If you know other similar sites we should announce the event, let us know or feel free to announce it there, it's a community thing after all! :)

Uzebox is a bit niche indeed, but it holds the fort! I'm not aware of any other retro/8-bit DIY console on the scene with such a great and active community! All those games, tools and documentation...thousands of man hours, awesome! And I think there's still juice to be extracted from the platform. :D
shiny

Post by shiny »

Yeah I just wanted to say I've hopped the boat due to the post on hackaday. Wanted to just buy the Uzebox in the past, but the contest made me start writing a game instead. I hope I'll submit my work for the contest. Cheers!
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Good news, we have a first sponsor for the event. Adafruit.com is sponsoring a nice 7" TV monitor http://www.adafruit.com/products/947! This will be given to the winner of the first prize. :mrgreen:
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

woooow! Great!!
I hope the other "winners" will get also such great prizes! :)
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
Gerkl

Post by Gerkl »

as it runs correctly on the real hardware and the emulator.
My game doesn't run in the emulator (because of missing sd-card emulation). I hope that won't be a problem.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Gerkl wrote:
as it runs correctly on the real hardware and the emulator.
My game doesn't run in the emulator (because of missing sd-card emulation). I hope that won't be a problem.
Good point, can't penalize before uzem is missing such an important feature of the platform. I think everyone will agree that running on the real hardware should be the baseline. That rule was put in place to avoid peoples modifying the kernel for their custom video mode and only testing with the emu and later realizing it didn't work at all on the hardware. I'll update the rule.
LOLSWANS

Post by LOLSWANS »

Here is an image from my game, it will probably be the only screenshot as this is cryptic and I would like to keep it a surprise. As you can see my art skills are very limited but I try.

EDIT: Love to see a cryptic screenshot from everyone.
Flecko

Post by Flecko »

Is it Dig Dug???

:D