UCC2013: Final Results!

Discuss Everything related to UCC, share progress of your game, ask questions, etc.
D3thAdd3r

Re: Uzebox Code Challenge 2013 Opens!

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Flecko wrote:Is it Dig Dug???
:lol: Immediately what I thought when I saw the screenshot
LOLSWANS

Post by LOLSWANS »

I will say it is not Dig Dug ;)
Gerkl

Post by Gerkl »

I have a question again xD
we must be able to compile it
I'm using avrgcc 4.7.1 currently which includes new features like __flash (replaces PROGMEM handling) and __uint24. I already used these features. Which compiler version do you use? Do I have to convert my code into compatible one?
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Gerkl wrote:I have a question again xD
we must be able to compile it
I'm using avrgcc 4.7.1 currently which includes new features like __flash (replaces PROGMEM handling) and __uint24. I already used these features. Which compiler version do you use? Do I have to convert my code into compatible one?
The latest WinAVR includes 4.3.3, so it would be better to stick with PROGMEM and be compatible with that version if possible.
LOLSWANS

Post by LOLSWANS »

@UZE got my game working, thank you for your help.
And here is another screenshot since it's working :D
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Yeeeha, 17 functional games at the end! :)

@Alec
Especially for my game:
How will be the presentation? Well, the jury should now how to play the game and what features there will be in order to judge correct. It's different to evaluate a game like TIC TAC TOE and a game like Far cry, because of the complexity and knowledge of buttons and so on...
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Kilo wrote:Yeeeha, 17 functional games at the end! :)

@Alec
Especially for my game:
How will be the presentation? Well, the jury should now how to play the game and what features there will be in order to judge correct. It's different to evaluate a game like TIC TAC TOE and a game like Far cry, because of the complexity and knowledge of buttons and so on...
Good point. For sure like most programming contest, a usage "manual" will have to be provided, better if it's in-game I'd say. Having the game's wiki page up would be great too, however I know it's not possible to have private pages, so I was not planning it to make it an absolute requirement.

Perhaps using Google docs for he manual could be good. You can write it at your own speed in private mode, then share it and/or port it to the wiki. If anyone has ideas on this let me know.
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Hi Uze,

I think the wiki would be enough to present a manual for the game! It does not have to be a booklet as purchasable modules for consoles but I think
we are going in a direction where games could be more complicated and complex. So in the wiki we can write down features, game play, game story, etc. And that would be enough!
So I would suggest that every comp participant or some helper would prepare a wiki entry for his game with a meaningful manual for the game. This could also be a point for evaluation!
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
Speeddemon

Post by Speeddemon »

Hello to all ... Hi bro uze check out http:// scratch.mit.edu/ and http://mit.edu/ send them a invite to join us and uzebox comptition.... !!! :ugeek:
Arlof

Post by Arlof »

http://imgur.com/ewMQkF2

My Screenshot of my first effort ^^^

I've got a question about the size limitation. What exactly is the file size we are looking at the .HEX or the .UZE file? I noticed a .UZE seems to pack down the size some from the .HEX

Or is it something to do with the compile report eg:

Device: atmega644

Program: 26606 bytes (40.6% Full)
(.text + .data + .bootloader)

Data: 2952 bytes (72.1% Full)
(.data + .bss + .noinit)

**** Build Finished ****