Uzebox game competition...would you enter?

Discuss general Uzebox topics here: features, wish list. nice to have, etc.

If we start a competition, would you join?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:23 am

Hell yes!!!
31%
Sure, why not.
38%
Maybe...
19%
I'll pass for this time.
13%

Total votes: 16

Speeddemon

Re: Uzebox game competition...would you enter?

Post by Speeddemon »

Hello to all hi davey I dont know yet so far nobody has realy serously !!!!!! picked a judge or a panel of them or set any rules and pick a start and end time to the competition so far yet . looks like everything is up in the air for now bro :ugeek:
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

I would say everyone who is online in the "judge time" can vote for one game/tool!
But not like in a poll here but you have to write in a thread which game and why?
So, the developer of a game has to vote for another game and not for his own!
And after this we can count...
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Seems like a good idea to me, but I vote for a dictatorship; this democracy is slowing us down :lol:
Speeddemon

Post by Speeddemon »

Hello to all I think the uzebox group and uzebox facebook members and the uzebox google.members can cast there votes for best game and will be counted!!!!!!! and along with there votes!!!!!!! and along with SUPER UZE final vote !!!!!! I THINK SHOULD BE IN CHARGE AND WILL set the rules for this competition !!!!!! Will BE THE JUDGE OF WINNER!!!!!!!!!! What you think bro uze???????? :geek:
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

Please start the comp now!!!
I'm too hungry now for a new game!!!! :D
The last digit of Pi is 7! I calculated this, as I counted to infinity yesterday!
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Okay, here's the first official draft for the compo, feel free to comment:

The Uzebox community is launching its first game coding contest (we need a catchy name)! We aim to stir interest in peoples to realize games and ideas sleeping idle in a corner of their brain! The contest will offer prizes and eternal gratification by having their names all over the place on the Uzebox site. Here's the details:
  • The contest will launch February 1st 2013 and close May 1st 2013 at midnight GMT-5.
  • You can enter any time until the deadline by sending forum personal message (PM) to uze6666. You can submit your game idea at the same time, it will remain secret but if someone had registered the same idea before you will be advised.
  • Projects must run on the real hardware (Uze and other can help validate this).
  • Projects must be games or other useful and interactive programs (like Uzeamp). No demos will be accepted (demos in the traditional sense, i.e: Second Reality by Future Crew).
  • Projects must not be a simple update of an existing game.
  • Projects must be at most 61440 bytes long to be compatible with the Gameloader.
  • Any video mode can be used
  • Any kernel version can be used
  • Jury will be made of a panel select by Uze
  • Judging will be made by summing the rating from 1(lowest) to 10(highest) several criterions:
    • Game Play: How the game plays and reacts, AI level, game dynamics, etc
    • Originality: Bonus point for an original game concept (i.e. not a port of an existing game)
    • Graphics: Quality and richness of the in game graphics
    • Sound & music: Quality and quantity of sound effects and in-game music. Bonus points for original effects and music.
    • Completeness: Bonus point for things like many game levels, main menu, high score panel, attract mode, etc.
    • Technical prowess:
  • Prizes will be allocated as following (first proposal, to discuss). Note that the prizes may be subject to change for the better if we find sponsors. (We should discuss prizes and value off-line Harty)
    • 1st: A E/Uzebox ultra deluxe kit: Kit(PCB+all parts)+2 controllers+AVRISP MKII programmer+SD CARD preloaded+power supply+all cables + 200$
    • 2nd: A E/Uzebox standard kit + 100$
    • 3rd: A E/Uzebox base kit + 50$
    • 1,2,3,4,5,6th places: 1 Uzebox t-shirt
Obviously in 3 months we can really expect miracles, so the goal is to make simpler games that can still be fun -- and have fun coding it too! Simpler games are less complex and have more chance to be completed.
Speeddemon

Post by Speeddemon »

Wow!!! I lov it !!!!!great job you did on this bro UZE !!!!!!!!!!! :D !!!! :mrgreen: how about calling it UZEBOX new game battlepoluzea 2013?????? Feel free to edit that name bro uze
Attachments
you da man uze!!!!!!!!
you da man uze!!!!!!!!
pacman-thumbs.jpeg (3.35 KiB) Viewed 8528 times
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Awesome very exciting! :ugeek:
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Not sure if any tshirts are made yet Alec, but if you are going with the (Z) logo I wonder if having uzebox.org in small print might reel in some random people seeing it.

Also I hope we get some little sneak peeks at the entries or just a couple little details to keep interest over the 3 months. It's a competition I know so maybe everyone is sworn to secrecy :|
Speeddemon

Post by Speeddemon »

Hi lee howz it going?? Good I hope!!! I think that would be a good idea for bro uze to put the uzebox .org logo on the back of the Z shirt or this (see pic) what you think bro????
Attachments
!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!
tumblr_lsltj4qTZ11r4999vo1_400.jpeg (13.8 KiB) Viewed 8434 times