Uzebox kits now in stock at Adafruit!

Discuss general Uzebox topics here: features, wish list. nice to have, etc.
uze6666
Site Admin

Uzebox kits now in stock at Adafruit!

Post by uze6666 »

Good news everyone, Adafruit is now distributing the Uzebox!! That's some more Uzeboxers that will join the community on the forums and, hopefully, bring in more games too! :mrgreen:

Image Image

Get your own! http://www.adafruit.com/products/1291

Update: The Kit is featured in their new product blog! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... LV0#t=196s

-Uze
TonyD

Re: Uzebox kits at Adafruit shortly!

Post by TonyD »

That's great news
slobu

Post by slobu »

I hope they're the kits where you stack the two parts together and go. Like I said in the Hardware thread, I think the Uzebox needs to inch closer to the beginner a little more for broader appeal.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

I hope they're the kits where you stack the two parts together and go.
Nope, that's the same kit I sold in the shop. Although I can understand it's not the perfect thing for everyone, it's still one that appeals to a lots of folks. Before, we had AVCores that were pre-built, but kits outsold them 4-5 to 1...
atiq09

Post by atiq09 »

I expected crazy international shipping prices like most websites, but it does look fair here (I registered just to check ). It makes the kits significantly cheaper for people who live far.
nice
uze6666
Site Admin

Re: Uzebox kits now in stock at Adafruit!

Post by uze6666 »

Kits are in stock at Adafruit now! (I've updated the main post)
jmulvey

Post by jmulvey »

Hi, I have a cautionary tale about the kits at Adafruit. I bought one of their kits. When it arrived I checked the contents. The parts came all tightly bagged together, all jumbled. As a result, the SD/MMC card holder had a broken pin. Right out of the box. I contacted Adafruit support, and explained the situation. Twice they directed me to THIS FORUM to get warranty replacement parts.

Is this a forum where I can a replacement SD/MMC card holder? I do not expect to have to pay for this part since it was defective upon arrival. Adafruit is insisting that all their warranty claims have to come from uzebox.org. What gives?

- Jim
D3thAdd3r

Post by D3thAdd3r »

Hey Jim,

Sorry to hear about the troubles. I don't know how the Adafruit thing works, but I think they are sourced from here. I would try contacting via private message, uze6666. He is the Uzebox creator and a good guy, so I am sure he will know what to do in this situation.
uze6666
Site Admin

Post by uze6666 »

Hi Jim, alas, this is the way they want to work because it is Belogic's Uzebox kits (mine), not their old Fuzebox. I will honor replacements of any defects with the kits, please send my a PM with the request and shipping address. That reminds me to add a clear notice for this on the next batch of kits. Thanks.
blicken

Post by blicken »

I bought mine from there!